The market goes up and it goes down. All investors must get comfortable accepting a certain amount of unavoidable risk. However, investors should not be held responsible for losses sustained because of broker fraud, broker negligence, or portfolio mismanagement. If you suffered serious investment losses because of the bad actions of a financial professional, you may be entitled to recover for your damages.
Galvin Legal, PLLC’s experienced investment fraud attorneys are committed to protecting the legal rights and financial interests of investors. We have helped many investment fraud victims nationwide recover losses. Even when an investor lives in Buffalo, New York, the claim must generally be filed through the Dispute Resolution division of FINRA. Investors are far more likely to recover their losses if they are represented by an attorney who is experienced in securities arbitration. If you think you may be a victim of investment fraud, please contact us today to set up your free investment fraud consultation. Galvin Legal, PLLC represents investors in every state across the nation.
Common Investment Fraud Claims
Our Buffalo, NY securities fraud lawyers handle the full range of investor losses claims. Some examples of investment fraud claims that our law firm has experience with include:
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Registered investment advisors (RIAs) are fiduciaries. They have a professional obligation to put the financial interests of their customers first, even before their own interests.
- Unsuitable Investment Recommendations: All members of the securities industry must offer customers suitable investment advice. If you lost money due to unsuitable investments, you may be eligible for financial relief.
- Material Misrepresentations/Omissions: Brokers can be held liable for losses sustained because of material misrepresentations or material omissions.
- Lack of Diversification: Overconcentration of investments puts a customer at serious financial risk. The failure to properly diversify is a common form of portfolio mismanagement.
- Unauthorized Transactions: Brokers must get your authorization before making trades. Unauthorized trading should never be accepted.
- Inadequate Supervision: FINRA member firms are responsible for the conduct of the associates. If you lost money because your brokerage firm failed to supervise a bad broker, you may be entitled to compensation.
Investor Disputes Resolution in Buffalo, NY
Most investors are required to sign a customer agreement with their brokerage firm when they open a brokerage account. Typically, brokerage firm agreements contain a mandatory dispute resolution clause. This clause, should it exist in your customer agreement, will require to you seek FINRA arbitration to settle any complaint. Buffalo, NY investors should be represented by an attorney who has the skills and experience required to handle complex by your side, the better your chances for a successful recovery.
Contact Our Buffalo Securities Fraud Lawyer Today
At Galvin Legal, PLLC, we are proud to be aggressive advocates for investors throughout Western New York. If you sustained major investment losses because of broker fraud or broker negligence in Buffalo, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. To find out if you have a viable claim, please call our law firm today at 1-888-637-5518 to arrange a free, fully confidential consultation.