You should be able to trust your financial advisor and your brokerage firm to offer you competent, ethical advice. Unfortunately, investment fraud and stockbroker misconduct remain far too common in Cincinnati and throughout the United States. If you suffered large investment losses due to fraud or negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your damages.
Galvin Legal, PLLC’s experienced Cincinnati securities fraud and investment fraud attorneys are committed to protecting the legal rights and financial interests of investors. We have helped many investment fraud victims nationwide recover losses. Even when an investor lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, the claim must generally be filed through the Dispute Resolution division of FINRA. Investors are far more likely to recover their losses if they are represented by an attorney who is experienced in securities arbitration. If you think you may be a victim of investment fraud, please contact us today to set up your free investment fraud consultation. Galvin Legal, PLLC represents investors in every state across the nation.
Common Investor Losses Claims
In order to prevail in an investment fraud case, you must prove that your broker/broker-dealer is legally responsible for your losses. This requires proving that fraud occurred or that your losses were sustained because of professional negligence. Some common examples of securities fraud and broker misconduct include the following:
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: You should know whether or not your financial advisor owes you a fiduciary duty. This legal duty requires a financial professional to act in your best interests.
- Unsuitable Investment Guidance: One of the most important securities industry regulations is FINRA Rule 2111. Under this rule, brokers are required to offer investors suitable guidance. Recommendations must be well suited for an individual investor’s needs, goals, risk tolerance, and personal financial situation.
- Misrepresentations and Omissions: Financial professionals can be held legally liable for misrepresentation or omitted material facts related to securities, financial products, or investment opportunities.
- Lack of Diversification: To reduce risk, portfolios should be well-diversified. If you suffered losses because your advisor over concentrated your investment holdings, you may be eligible for financial recovery.
- Churning of Brokerage Account: When financial advisors and stockbrokers make excessive trades, it can cause serious financial damage to innocent investors.
- Unauthorized Trades: Financial professionals must obtain authorization before making any trade or transaction within your brokerage account.
Investment Fraud Claims in Cincinnati, Ohio: The FINRA Dispute Resolution Process
The majority of investor complaints are resolved through FINRA’s dispute resolution process. More specifically, most disputes are handled via FINRA arbitration. Investors who have a fraud or misconduct claim in Cincinnati, OH must be prepared to go through FINRA’s arbitration process. FINRA has put into place many complex rules and procedures that must be followed. If you have an investment fraud claim, it is crucial that you seek guidance from a Cincinnati securities fraud lawyer who has experience with FINRA arbitration hearings.
Contact Our Cincinnati, OH Investment Fraud Attorney Today
At Galvin Legal, PLLC, our Cincinnati securities fraud lawyer works tirelessly to protect the rights and interests of investors. If you believe that you were a victim of investment fraud or stockbroker misconduct in Hamilton County, OH, please call our legal team today at 1-888-637-5518 to arrange a free, fully private case evaluation.