You should be able to put faith into the hands of your financial advisor and your brokerage firm. After all, that is why you hired them in the first place: to help you protect and grow your assets.
Unfortunately, securities fraud, investment fraud, and negligent portfolio mismanagement all remain very serious problems in Texas and throughout the United States.
If you sustained serious investment losses due to professional negligence, fraud, or other unlawful acts, you may be eligible to be compensated for your damages.
Galvin Legal, PLLC’s experienced investment fraud attorneys are committed to protecting the legal rights and financial interests of investors. We have helped many investment fraud victims nationwide recover losses. Even when an investor lives in Dallas, Texas, the claim must generally be filed through the Dispute Resolution division of FINRA. Investors are far more likely to recover their losses if they are represented by an attorney who is experienced in securities arbitration. If you think you may be a victim of investment fraud, please contact us today to set up your free investment fraud consultation. Galvin Legal, PLLC represents investors in every state across the nation.
Common Investment Fraud/Securities Fraud Claims
To obtain financial relief, investors must raise a specific cause of action and they must present compelling evidence that supports the nature of their claim. Some of the most notable reasons why investors file disputes in Dallas, TX include:
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: If you are working with a registered investment advisor (RIA), then your financial representative is a fiduciary. This means that they have a professional obligation to act in your very best interests and to provide you with skilled investment guidance.
- Unsuitable Investment Recommendations: One of the most important rules in the securities industry is FINRA Rule 2111. Under this rule, brokers and broker-dealers must have a reasonable basis to believe that all investment advice they offer is ‘suitable’ for the needs and goals of their customers.
- Unauthorized Transactions: Financial professionals must receive a customer’s approval before making trades or other transactions. Broad approval may be given through the use of a discretionary brokerage account, or an investor may require a financial advisor to get approval for every single trade.
- Misrepresentation: If a broker or financial advisor knowingly misrepresents material information related to an investment, they may have committed fraud. If you sustained losses as a result of material misrepresentations, you should consult with a Dallas securities fraud lawyer immediately.
- Selling Away: Under FINRA Rule 3280, brokers are prohibited from ‘selling away’ from their member firm unless they seek pre-approval for the transaction and their member firm agrees to provide oversight to protect the investor. When brokers fail to follow this rule, innocent investors may be exposed to serious financial risks.
FINRA Arbitration Claims in Dallas, Texas
When you begin working with a registered financial advisor or brokerage firm, you are generally required to sign a customer agreement. Within this agreement, most investors will find a binding pre-dispute arbitration clause. The effects of this contract provision are fairly simple: in most cases, investors must resolve any claim against their broker through the FINRA arbitration process. While there is no legal requirement that you file your claim with guidance from an attorney, you can be certain that your broker will have experienced legal representation. To protect your rights, it is highly recommended that you have a skilled Dallas, TX FINRA arbitration lawyer by your side as early as possible in your case.
Contact Our Dallas Securities Fraud Lawyer Today
At Galvin Legal, PLLC, our top-rated Dallas investment fraud attorney represents clients throughout North Texas. If you or your family member sustained large investment losses, you may be eligible for monetary damages. To set up a free consultation with a Dallas, TX securities fraud lawyer, please contact our legal team at 1-888-637-5518.